Whiplash is most often associated with car accidents, but there are multiple incidents or trauma types that can cause whiplash; Please don’t think that you need to have been in an auto accident to experience whiplash symptoms. If you’ve suffered any type of physical trauma that’s left your neck or back feeling sore, stiff or just plain painful, set up an appointment with Dr. Pasternack at Apple Wellness Chiropractic Center.
How can Apple Wellness Chiropractic Center help with your whiplash?
Dr. Pasternack employs a number of strategies to help our patients suffering from whiplash; the specific strategy he may use for you will depend on your specific injury and situation.
Some of our common whiplash treatments include:
- Chiropractic Spinal Adjustment
- Physical Therapy Procedures
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Intersegmental Traction
- In-office Supervised Rehab
- Vibration Therapy
- Inversion Therapy
- Cold laser Therapy
- Massage Therapy
Our goals to treat your whiplash are as follows:
- Alleviate your pain, restore your range of motion and improve your ability to function.
- Optimize your ability to function in regards to the specific activities you perform on a daily basis.
- Maximize your recovery so as to minimize future premature wearing out of the spine (arthritis).
- Get you as close as possible to the condition you were in prior to the motor vehicle collision.
Why should you take whiplash seriously?
Studies show that roughly 47 percent or more of patients involved in a motor vehicle collision will continue to suffer with SIGNIFICANT aches and pains for the rest of their lives.
Dr. Pasternack has extensive training in whiplash injuries. He will do everything possible to ensure that you do not become one of those patients involved in a motor vehicle collision who continue to suffer with SIGNIFICANT aches and pains for the rest of their lives.
The sudden back-and-forth jerking of your head is what causes whiplash. That motion can damage your muscles, tendons, ligaments, discs, and other neck soft and connective tissues. The cervical vertebrae and discs between them can also be put at risk. Nerve damage could also be a concern. Injury to the ligaments is another concern.
Dr. Pasternack has specialized training in MRI, Spinal Biomechanics, Spinal Trauma, Ligament Injuries, and Impairment Ratings.
If you even suspect that you have whiplash, please don’t delay in coming to see us.
Dr. Pasternack can evaluate you and make sure you don’t have fractures or any other dangerous injuries. The sooner you come in, the sooner we can help relieve your pain, and the better your long term outcome will be.
Whiplash symptoms include:
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Limited range of motion
- Shoulders/upper back pain
- Blurry vision
- Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty with memory
Whiplash can disrupt your day-to-day activities and affect you for the rest of your life. That’s why whiplash injuries need to be taken seriously.
Dr. Pasternack has advanced specialty training in:
- MRI Spine Interpretation
- Spinal Biomechanical Engineering
- Spinal Clinical Trauma Pathology
- Trauma Triage
- Accident Reconstruction
- Orthopedic Testing
- Medical – Legal Documentation
- Stroke Diagnosis and Triage
- Head Trauma/Brain Injury
- Impairment Rating